Thursday, August 28, 2008

Aaron's grandpa died last week, his funeral was yesterday in Michigan. When aaron woke up on Monday he decieded he needed to go to the funeral. Less than two hours later he was gone and i began my adventure in single momhood.

Monday night meah would not go to sleep, she wanted daddy, we called daddy, then we called him again, finally around 11:15 she passed out. Tuesday night went about the same, around 10:45 she fell asleep. Both days she woke up at 7 am and took a crappy nap. Anyone who knows meah knows this is NOT enough sleep for her. She is my sleeper. She sleeps in and she used to go to bed with no fuss, ask to go to bed even.

All this brings me to my o so fun day yesterday. When i got off i packed up the kids and took them to target so i could get some perscriptions filled. I dropp off the script and they tell me it will be ready in 30 min. Ok great so i take my over tired 3 year old and my screaming 3 month old on an o so joyous walk around target for 30 min. I get back to the pharacy and when the pharmasist sees me he tells me he needs to come out and talk to me. Great that is not something you really want to hear from a pharmasist. So he tells me that aaden's dosage is too big for his age according to the insurance company and they are not authorizing it to be filled. Ok can we go back to the fact that my child is a GIANT and the medicine goes by weight not age. Stupid insurace companies and thier stupid rules. The parmasist tells me that the med is 78 dollars if i want to still get it, or i can call the insurance company and try to get them to override it. Um 78 dollars is so not gonna happen so i ask him if he could just refill the old perscription and i wil just up the dosage myself just so i dont have to wait to get hes meds. So he goes back to his little computer and tells me that he can but it isnt refillable till tomarrow. AHHHHH! ok stay calm we still have some at home. That is fine i will pick it up tomorrow. No problem, i mean what is dragging two kids through target one more time ya know. Not to mention meah knows that is where aaron works so the whole time we are there its "where is daddy, i want to see daddy, i want a cookie, where is daddy, is this daddy's work" grrrrrr.

So i go and pay for the stuff i didnt need that i pick up because i had to walk around for a half an hour and head to the car. when i get there meah throws one of her famous I dont want to get into my carseat fits complete with her o so fun pelvic thrusts making it nearly impossible for me to buckle her. I finally get her buckled like 5 full minutes later and we are off. I drive down the road and push on the brakes and what do i hear the wonderful sound of metal on metal. What.The.Hell. I very cautiously drive us home and get the kids in the house.

About that time a wonderful angel of a peson calls to check up on us, knowing that aaron was away, and asks if there is anything i need. I start telling the story of my day and he then puts his wife on the phone and i tell her the story too. I now have no clue how I am A)going to get aaden's perscription tomorrow and b)going to get aaron from the airport on friday. Good news TIM CAN FIX BRAKES!!! So he comes over and gets my car and Aarons mom is at the auto parts store getting the brakes. In the meantime both my kids fall asleep and i start racking my brain as to who i know that can come sit with my kids so i can go get my car. What a mess i know. I call the Darya, she doesnt answer, i call again, no answer. So i rack my brain again who else, i call david and steven and they say sure no problem they will come and watch the kids till cathy can get here. Darya calls back and says she is on her way so i call and tell david and steven never mind but thanks for the offer. She gets here and i run over to get the parts from cathy and take them to Tim.

As i am driving i am start thinking how lucky i am to have so many great people in my life that would drop everything they are doing at 8:00 at night to help me out. Sometimes it really does take a village.

By 10:30 i had a new set of brake pads and roters on my car and it was safe again for me to drive my children around.

It has definetly been a trying couple of days. I can not wait till friday when my wonderful husband comes home. I salute you single moms. I truely dont know how you do it.

No comments: